Monday 18 February 2013

Happy Spring Festival! 2013 Blog #2


Inline image 1

With spring around the corner, we are entering the busy season of the world's art scene. Before announcing all my upcoming shows, let me give you a quick recap of all the actions last month.

Cork Street Winter Show 17 - 25 January 2013

I am delighted that my shortlisted work, "The Journey" has once again made it onto the wall of the Cork Street Winter Show. Both sales and visitor numbers were down this year due to the snow over the weekend. Nevertheless, my painting has received some very encouraging responses and as of past experiences, the Cork Street exhibition has always been a great platform for future sales.

Inline image 8

Candid Art Exhibition 17 - 20 January 2013

The Candid Art Exhibition took place over the same weekend as the Cork Street Winter Show. Despite the wintery weather, the private view evening was very well attended, the gallery was buzzing with live music and artists performances. My special thanks to all those who came to show their support despite the adverse weather condition.

Inline image 2Inline image 6Inline image 7


Continuing with the winter theme, I took the opportunity to observe activities of Londoners on these cold, wet and gloomy days. I was absolutely fascinated by the shapes and colours of umbrellas as well as the reflections of water, which will no doubt feature in many of my new works. 
Top image: Sky Fall, 30 x 80 cm, oil on linen

Above preparing for the forthcoming exhibitions, I have been busy completing my commissions. Please feel free to contact me, stephaniesyho@gmail.com,  for a quote if you too would fancy a special present for your special one. You may send me photos of yourself or the receiver which I can include in the picture. Orders will take on average 6 - 10 weeks depending on size and contents.

Inline image 10

Upcoming Exhibitions:

Art Beatus Gallery in Hong Kong has played an important role in the development of my career. Richard Yiu, the director, who has been a great mentor, has given me a lot of opportunities, including two solo exhibitions with the gallery in Hong Kong. Some of my new works will be exhibited with Art Beatus at the Asia Hotel Art Fair, 22 - 24 Feb 2013, Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong.


It is my greatest pleasure to invite you to the New Artist Fair's Opening Evening, 6 - 9 pm, 1 March 2013, at the Candid Art Galleries. I have been invited for an interview as one of the five featured artists running up to the art fair, which will go live on their website from Monday 25 February. 

New Artists Fair
1 - 3 March, 2013
Candid Art Galleries, 3 Torrens Street, London, EC1V 1NQ

In addition to the New Artist fair, the Affordable Art Fair will take place at Battersea Park 7 - 10 March 2013, where you will see some of my works with The Gallery Notting Hill by Natasha Durlacher.

The Affordable Art Fair
7 - 10 March, 2013
Battersea Park, London, SW11 4NJ

That's all I want to share with you this time, hopefully you will cross path with some of my works in one of the forthcoming shows. 

You can now follow my news and see my latest works on Blogspot and Facebook at:

Wishing you a happy and prosperous year of the Snake!

All the best,

Stephanie



No comments:

Post a Comment