Thursday 1 August 2013

Thank you for your support! Stephanie Ho Artist Newsletter #3


HELLO!! 

It's been a while since my last newsletter. Can't believe a few months have just flown by in the blink of the eye. Before giving you an update of all the excitements in the last 4 months, I have to give a massive THANK YOU to all those who voted for my painting, Sky Fall 007 (image below), and shared the link at the Asia Contemporary Art Prize on Facebook . Unfortunately I didn't win any prize on this occasion (I believe I came third at the People's Choice Prize), nonetheless I was really overwhelmed with all the support and nice comments. Thank you everyone!!!

Inline image 6

A quick rewind to 1st March, when the New Artists Fair took place at the Candid Art Trust. Run by Oliver Norris and his artist / curator wife, Leah, of Lemon Art, the New Artist Fair was one of the best organized and promoted art fairs that I ever took part in. I am blessed to be one of the top sellers at the fair and have been invited to take part in People - A Figurative Exhibition curated by Lemon Art at the Bankside Gallery, 48 Hopton Street, London, SE1 9JH (3 - 7 July 2013). Please let me know if you would be interested to attend the private view on4 July 6 - 9 pm.



Inline image 1Inline image 2

You may also read an interview of myself with Lydia Symonds of Artefacts, whom I met at the New Artist Fair:
We made a last minute decision for a trip to Hong Kong in April. It all came about with the personalized commission by a very nice lady, Charmagne (image below left). The painting included herself, her husband, two daughters, as well as a couple of her extended family members among all other figures. Please feel free to contact me (stephaniesyho@gmail.com) if you would like to find out more about personalized commissions and see samples of the works. 

Inline image 3Inline image 4

We took the opportunity to join the Hong Kong Art Walk during our short stay, which is an annual charity event much anticipated by all the art lovers in town each year. All the art galleries opened their doors from 4 pm till midnight on that day, accompanying the artworks were great food and wine. Art Beatus Gallery kindly exhibited a selection of paintings from my latest Sky Fall series. It was an evening of none stop mingling, however, the highlight for me got to be meeting Kalina (image above right), who recently purchased Human Planet 02, 100 x 140 cm (diptych). 
Staying on the charity theme, I took part in the East West Art Award Charity Exhibition at La Galleria in London Pall Mall 30 April - 4 May.I was first introduced to the East West Art Award last autumn when my painting, Linked In (100 x 100 cm), was selected as one of the finalists at the award. The organization has a close connection with Japan, and the aim for this charity exhibition was to raise money for the children of the victims of the Great East Japan Earthquakes two years ago. The online charity sale is on till the end of the year. 
Inline image 5

Spring is indeed a season for love and sharing. My painting, It's A Small World (30 x 30 cm), was up for grab at the Hands On Hong Kong Charity Auction this year. It is the fourth consecutive years for me to support this charity. I am delighted to learn that the painting was a big hit and has raised HK$10,500 (~ £870) for the charity.
London is a great place for artists. I have made so many good friends throughout 17 years here, all from very different walks of life, yet share a passion for art. I attended the Japanese Supper Club at our local on 20 April, which was hosted by chef Luiz Hara. In addition to great food, I met so many interesting people that evening. Luiz visited the following week to view some of my paintings. We are currently planning a mini exhibition of my works in conjunction with his July Supper Clubs. For more information, please visit http://www.thelondonfoodie.co.uk.

We are so lucky to be living in an area where you find great food at doorstep. Como 3 Cantina Chic is another one of our new found favorite in Angel. We got friendly with chef Pierre Dallee who has travelled around the world with his culinary ventures, including Hong Kong and Mexico. Pierre has shown great interest in my paintings and has kindly offered some wall space in his restaurant for my works. We plan to do the hanging around mid-July. 


Apologies for this longer-than-usual newsletter, I promised it won't be four months till my nextnewsletter. It has indeed been a amazing few months for my work. I am really grateful for all the opportunities given by various individuals and parties, and I much anticipate a busy second half of 2013! 

All the best,

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment